Welcome to the Mazepress resoures area where you will find my curated list of tools, websites and services that I highly recommend for building and improving your online business.
Everything you will find on this page has been battle tested by myself and is either important in the growth of projects I work on or has been in the past.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. To find out more see my affiliate disclaimer page.
Here are some of the tools I use to manage my websites including where I buy my domain names, where I host my websites and the software I use to run my websites, blogs and eCommerce stores.
- WordPress.org - Open source Website Software with unrivalled possibilities.
- Genesis Framework by Studiopress, the best theme framework for WordPress, SEO friendly, flexible & fast loading.
- GoDaddy & Namecheap - Affordable domain names from companies you can trust.
- Bluehost - Affordable Shared Web Hosting. My ideal company for hosting new websites.
- WPEngine - Premium hosting for more serious marketers and more mature resource intensive websites.
- Shopify - Simple, hassle free eCommerce solution for small business owners with powerful tools.
- UpDown.io - Ping your websites perioditcally to ensure they aren't down and react quickly when they are.
- WebsiteSetup.org - Step-by-Step Guide on how to create a website.
- If you are new to blogging and the idea of running your own website we have created a simple step by step guide on how to do this using WordPress & Bluehost in under 10 minutes. Start your First Website or Blog.
The tools that are essential for any digital marketers toolkit. There are lots of services you need to manage and market a business online and growth hack. Autoresponder services like Mailchimp & Drip, social media automation software and tools to help you manage and grow lots of accounts with ease and search engine reporting and analysis tools to do the required keyword research, check onpage SEO health and then report on your progress.
- Mailchimp - Email marketing service that is free until you have 2000 subscribers and responsible for sending over 10 billion emails each month.
- Aweber - Another fantastic autoresponder with some capabilities not available in Mailchimp. Aweber is possibly the most popular of all these tools.
- Best Autoresponders - See our full review guide on the best autoresponder and email marketing tools.
Social Media Tools
- CoSchedule - The best social media and content scheduling editorial calendar that works standalone or inside your WordPress dashboard.
- Buffer - An easy to use and affordable tool for scheduling social media posts from your browser.
- Hashtagify - Perform hashtag research to find out what's trending in your niche in social media.
- HootSuite - One of the best social media management tools for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn & Google+.
Search Engine Optimization Tools
- SEOMoz - One of the most renowned all in one SEO SaaS solutions. Features ranking tool,
keyword checker, backlink checker and more.
- SEMRush - An all in one marketing toolkit that allows you to evaluate competitors websites as well as improve your position in the SERPs.
- ahrefs - One of the most comprehensive toolsets for SEO professionals and marketers. A must have for anyone serious about improving their SEO and willing to invest the time and a bit of money.
One of the best ways to make more money is to save money and when time IS money, improving your productivity by adopting automation into your workflow and optimizing the day to day processes involved in your business is a great growth hack to improve your bottom line. Today you can use tools to make your life a lot easier so it pays to learn how to put them into play.
- Asana - My number 1 tool for micromanaging clients, projects and my day to day responsibilities in an organized and measurable fashion.
- G Suites (Formerly Google Apps for Business) - The best email solution that also comes with a plethora of business apps for Word processing, spreadsheets, cloud storage and more premium Google services.
- IFTTT - Automate and connect all of the services in your life for free. If This Then That is a powerful service.
- Best VPN Services Guide - Browse the internet privately at home and while traveling with a VPN provider you can trust, read our comparison guide.
These are some of the tools I use to improve my writing and make the whole process easier. Everything from how to better plan and research my ideas and subject matter, the contextual spelling and grammar check tools to spot my typos before my readers and tools to improve my writing abilities.
- Grammarly - Contextual spelling and grammar checks will change your word and improve your writing tenfold.
- Hemmingway - Remove the clutter from your writing and write like Hemmingway with this web-based writing editor.
- AnswerThePublic - Need content ideas? Answer your customers' most common questions by finding out what people want to know.
- Ditto - Ditto is a clipboard manager. This means instead of hitting copy/paste and only having access to the last one item you copied you can pull up a list with the last 1000. This is possibly my favorite productivity hack for anyone who works at a computer all day. Ditto is Windows only but 1Clipboard appears to be a good alternative that works on Mac as well as PC.
- Camtasia - The single best tool for people looking to create educational content on YouTube. you can record your own screen, Powerpoint presentations, your webcam and produce high-quality video content without the hassle.
If you are bootstrapping your online business then you are probably doing most of the design work yourself too. Sometimes this can compromise quality unless you have the best and in most cases easiest tools to use. Here is an inside look at the design tools and software I use to bootstrap all of my own websites with high-quality visuals.
Graphics tools for social media content, graphics editors, logo and branding tools, image compression and a few tools for when you do want to outsource your design work for the most professional results.
- Canva - The fastest tool to create professional graphics for your blog posts and social content.
- Flickgraph Create your own Cinemagraphs to use on your website, social media or Facebook ads to command attention.
- Gimp - The best free Photoshop alternative for those not looking to invest in expensive design software who want to make simple or advanced edits.
- 99Designs - The best place to get affordable logo design and be blown away with 10 or more high-quality professional logos to choose from.
- Book Cover Design Software - A tool for creating eBook & Book cover designs and then allows you to also convert them into 3D eCovers for use in your marketing kit.
- LogoJoy - One of the best and most affordable logo and branding design tools I have ever used. Highly recommended if you need a new logo.
- Best Free Stock Photography Websites - Read our complete guide on where to source royalty free images.
- Best Graphic Design Tools Guide - We created an article to cover all of the design tools we use on this website and other projects.
Video marketing has become a major part of the digital marketer's wheelhouse over the past couple of years as internet speeds improve and video content is becoming the best way to keep a visitors attention video marketing isn't just for video producers anymore.
Digital marketers, web designers and social media influencers are all self-publishing video content online to engage their audience and it's well worth learning some of the tools so you can add video content to your arsenal of sales tools.
- DJI Drones & Cameras - Drones & Video cameras are essential for any modern marketer and DJI creates great products without costing a fortune.
- Camtasia - Camtasia is one of the best tools available for creating educational video content using screen sharing, your webcam, and Powerpoint presentations.
- Explaindio One of the best tools for creating whiteboard animation videos and explainers for your website.
- We have created a guide covering video tools in more depth you can see at The Ultimate Video Content Marketing Toolkit.
Want the latest tools in your inbox?
Sign up below with just your email for free and get weekly insights on digital marketing, growth hacking, eCommerce and Social Media in your inbox.
eCommerce is one of the most reliable and profitable sources of income online and an area I have been actively involved in for nearly a decade. Here are some of the hottest tools you need to be aware of if you are interested in using eCommerce as an income stream for your online business.
- Amazon FBA - Send your inventory to Amazon and let the professionals take are of delivering your products to your customers on time always whether you are at home or sitting on a beach.
- WooCommerce - One of the best eCommerce platforms in the world, extremely flexible and runs within WordPress.
- Shopify - The easiest eCommerce platform to setup and maintain by far with lots of powerful tools.
- Oberlo - Automatically import products from AliExpress to Shopify and run a dropshipping operation in a matter of hours.
- Alibaba & AliExpress - Two great websites for product sourcing. Alibaba owns both, one website for bulk orders and the other for smaller unit orders.
Learning online is one of the biggest growth areas on the internet today and if you follow Gary Vaynerchuk you will know what he thinks about going to university and college these days! It's a waste of money if you want to learn something that you can self-study online for either free or a fraction of the cost of getting a degree.
College is good for those that need to study law or medicine but if you want to be an entrepreneur, writer or digital marketer then you are far better off online, the only other ingredient that is absolutely necessary is motivation.
Over the years I have tried and tested most of the general methods online for making money and the different ways to monetize a website. Below are some ways you can earn additional income from your website and online presence across social media promoting products, reselling or creating your own exclusive items to sell.
Some offer a higher profit margin than others, some are more scaleable but all of them are opportunities that may or may not tie in with your business, website and skillset and are worth exploring.
- Freelance Online - Upwork is our pick of the bunch for finding freelance opportunities online as a web designer, programmer, graphic designer or any other remote worker. Another option for both freelancing, offering unique services and for outsourcing is Fiverr.
- Dropship Anything - Another popular online business model is dropshipping which has been made a lot easier thanks to websites like AliExpress, the little brother of Alibaba.
- Amazon FBA - Read our Beginners Guide to Amazon FBA to find out how you can use Amazon Fulfillment to make selling products online a breeze.
- Become an Affiliate - Low risk and easy to get started. Promote products as an affiliate via one of the many affiliate networks like JVZoo.
- Legit Ways to Make Money Online - If you want to read a comprehensive list then head over to our make money online guide.
- Buy Bitcoin X - I recently launched a new educational website about Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies, Alt Coins & the blockchain as I expect this to be the biggest disrupting force we have seen since the Internet & Smartphones.
All of my essential resources that I have written up a review of and gone into more detail explaining the benefits and why these tools are so useful. Some of these products and service pages contain affiliate links.
What do you think? Are you a digital marketer, eCommerce store owner, web designer, SEO consultant or social media strategist with tools that you think I might have missed from my list? Please get in touch and I so I can review your ideas to see if they are tools I haven't tried before and if they are worth including in my resources.